Saturday, May 21, 2011

Bouquet and Box

Yesterday was damp, welcome rain fell causing the brown dry countryside to whisper green. Instead of tackling chores, which can always wait when enthusiasm rules, I drew templates, cut fabric and completed two of the 111 blocks needed for the Queen size quilt I intend to make.

The downside to this quilt is the fact that there is only template to each printed out page is rather a waste of paper ... the Other Half suggested I amputate the spare paper and make it into scribbling pads. I might; but not today.


Block 8 is Bouquet, giving me the opportunity to use a pretty piece of yellow fabric with little pink roses. Very pretty.


Block 9, simple to cut and stitch, I powered through, listening to the football on the radio as I joined the pieces together.

1 comment:

Quiltin' Sandy said...

They are both very pretty, Shirl! :)