Friday, May 20, 2011

Birds in the Air

"Birds in the Air" resonates with me as our locality is home to a myriad of bird life; the most exciting in my view being the tawny frog mouth pair that have made their home close to our home.


But ... Block 7, Birds in the Air, was not a breeze. The template was small, tiny in fact, causing some problems when drawing around its perimeter on the fabric. My fingers were continually in the way! This encouraged me to complete other sewing tasks, which I will admit was a method of procrastination. This morning I completed the block ... now I can look forward to the next one! The background colour is in reality a brighter shade of gold than this photo shows.

2 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

A block a day...I am impressed. How many blocks altogether are you looking at for this quilt?

Shirlwin said...

I haven't exactly achieved one a day, though I am aiming for 5 a week, and hope to have it completed by next winter.